Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Butters is just 11 months old now...and last night...

SHE HELD IN HER PEE AND POO all through the night until 8:30 in the morning!!!!!!!!!!

The nightmare of letting her out at 2:30am and 6:00am is OVER!!

I'm so ecstatic, and wanted to share this as many of you have helped us get to this point :)

Thank you all!!!!

~ best mother's day present EVER!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Yay! Remember, that she may be somewhat inconsistent about this for a little while, but it sounds like you're over the hump as far as middle of the night goes - wow, 11 months, you were patient! 6 a.m. is actually not too bad for a puppy. Even my adult dogs start wanting to go out by 7 a.m.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Yay! I remember Abbylynn forgetting everything I taught her at 11 months old. After that though with just a few more accidents she became a nice mannered young lady! Lol! :) I hope this is the beginning of the end of potty training for you. Then the fun begins! I loved this because that meant more freedom! :)

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Yay! Wow, let you sleep late too!! Hamiltons been holding it overnight since 12 wks, but he is ready to go out at 7 am!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Most pups get the rythm of the house fairly quickly , if it is consistant. We go to bed around 11pm and, Fire, (her in avatar) the 5 month old pup goes into her crate. She gets out when I get up at 6.30 every day - she has been dry for the last month already.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just so happy I'm getting enough sleep now lol! Butters is more calm now too, and she's not as 'crazy' in the house, doesn't need to constantly run around, and is willing let me snuggle her :) Maybe it's cuz it's warmer weather now, so I've been taking her out for like 2 hours a day lol.. We'll see what happens when winter rolls around and it's -30 outsidie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts