Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I simply couldn't resist! Our family is now the VERY proud owner of Kayne. He is a 6wk old Siberian Husky! Ugghh! I am so in love with this face! It has been my dream since I was a very little girl to have a husky, and the opportunity presented itself this week. After seeing his face, how could I say no?!?! Sooooooooooo, now I am potty training my 3yr old son, our 9wk old lab, and now Kayne! Aaaak!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Very cute!! :D Next time you get a puppy, see if they can stay with their mom and pups until they are 8 weeks old(if it is possible) that way they can learn some bite inhibition and other important lessons :)

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
adorable puppy

Have kayne and solomon play together. Should help with basics like bite inhibition that pepper mentioned. You wouldn't want them biting you hard after they're all grown up ;).

I love the coloring. Makes him look fierce :). I want that dog, actually scratch that, I want both of your dogs :D.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm hoping that too. they need a special kind of owner and are definately nothing like a lab.

but he is your typical cute husky pup :)
No worries! Like I said, because of wanting one since a little girl, I have done years of research on them. They are unlike any other dog!

Solomon just loves him! And they are definately working on the bite inhibition! Lol!

Normally I would have definately waited til at least 8wks to adopt, but the breeder is moving out of state this week, which is why I went ahead and took him. He is HUGE for 6wks old, he was twice the size of his brothers. He is also doing very well with his eating and pottying outside. We have a vet appointment today for his puppy checkup.

·
Registered
714 Posts
No worries! Like I said, because of wanting one since a little girl, I have done years of research on them. They are unlike any other dog!

Solomon just loves him! And they are definately working on the bite inhibition! Lol!

Normally I would have definately waited til at least 8wks to adopt, but the breeder is moving out of state this week, which is why I went ahead and took him. He is HUGE for 6wks old, he was twice the size of his brothers. He is also doing very well with his eating and pottying outside. We have a vet appointment today for his puppy checkup.

so good to hear about the research!!
and i got both my husky boys at 6 weeks and had my akita to help with all the doggy social skills.
but yes, huskies are definately unlike other breeds. dont get use him always wanting to be next to you...once they get brave, they are gone!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very cuter.. I love his face...
I'm in your shoes, taking on 2 puppies at once. It's a bit hard sometimes but it'll all be over with soon and then I will have 2 dogs the same age.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol, I figured I would get all of the potty training out of the way at once! Lol!

They will also be trained seperately. They are in seperate crates, and their obedience training will be done seperate as well. From my research I have learned that huskies are very stuburn in the training department, unless they think it is their idea, or they are going to get something out of it, so we will definately be focusing on the individually in that aspect.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
For stubborn dogs you just have to make it fun! My pup mastiff/boxer, is definitely showing the stubborn mastiff side...sometimes she'll look at you and your like..come here..and she's like...RUFFFF!!! and runs away....yeah..it just takes patience...lots..of patience...

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Aha. I knew it wasn't always Solomon and Kayne. I should've looked at this thread before commenting on your other one >.<

Kayne is absolutely adorable! I love the way huskies look. Make sure to take tons of pictures and keep us updated on their growth!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aha. I knew it wasn't always Solomon and Kayne. I should've looked at this thread before commenting on your other one >.<

Kayne is absolutely adorable! I love the way huskies look. Make sure to take tons of pictures and keep us updated on their growth!
Lol, I saw your post in the other thread and thought, I'll check the other before I post! Lol!

And with these two, you might be getting pics daily! Lol!

·
Registered
509 Posts
He is SO adorable !!!!!!.....

Congratulations!...you will love your Husky! They are such great dogs...(just don't let them run loose -- they will keep going no matter what!):):):)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts