Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this. I'm sorry if it's not.

My dog is a chihuahua and I'm a girl on the tinier side. This morning, I accidentally squished her lower back (near her tail) by rolling over on her. She then made a squeaking noise that she makes when she's hurt. She's made this noise before and has been in similar situations of lesser degree but this time, she's really angry at me. She immediately started wanting to get away from me and looks very blankly at me. Her tail is always down. When I tried petting her, she started growling. She can walk but I'm not sure if she continues to actually feel hurt physically. I saw no abnormalities in her walking but when petted in the same area, she makes the same squeaking noise and tries to escape. She won't let me pick her up. She probably doesn't trust me anymore...

At this point, I know that I should go to the vet. However, it looks like she really doesn't want to be near me. I don't know how she'd react to me taking her over there especially when she doesn't want to see me right now.

I know that this is my fault and I should have been more careful. My dog really is one of my best friends so I'm really scared and sad about this.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Rachel

·
Super Moderator
11,846 Posts
Dogs can have a fairly serious injury without showing any obvious signs of pain and discomfort so, yes, a vet visit is probably an excellent idea.

She's probably fine, but there is no possible way that anyone here can tell.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm guessing that she is in some pain just judging by the fact that she reacts when you try to touch her, tries to escape and tail down.

Since she is on the smaller side, I would call the vet just to see what they think. They might want to examine her and/or get some x-rays. They might just see if she is sensitive back there and give her some pain meds. Even if she doesn't want to go, she will feel better later and so will you :)

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Definitely go to the vet. If she has a spine injury, steroids can be given immediately after and prevent swelling/permanent damage.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Yeah, I agree with the above. Your dog is not angry at you. Dogs don't think that way or hold grudges the way people do. She's acting that way because she's in pain. Take her to the vet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts