Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have four husky/wolf hybrids. A husky is an intelligent, high energy, always thinking and learning dog. If they aren't eating or sleeping, they want to be running, playing, and engaging their mind. A treat ball in a basket on a Greyhound racing trainer is great for them - they have to chase it, catch it, remove the ball, then figure out how to get the treat out of the ball. Husky brain and body engaged for a good 10 minutes. Now, they need that level of engagement at least 3-4 hours per day, every day. Can you do it?

They also "talk", howl, chatter, whine, complain and argue vocally with you or at/about just about anything they think needs a talking to or talking about. If the neighbors don't like howling - it carries nearly a mile, maybe a Husky isn't the right dog.

Personally, I love them and, adding the wolf just gives them more energy and, a stronger prey drive. Not a canine for everyone but, if you educate yourself and, can handle them and, give them a home they will love, you might even want to adopt a husky/wold rescue - it's hard to find good homes for them, I know several wolfdog rescues that are filled with them and, most just need a good home that understands them and, loves them for what and who they are.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Very little you can do for a destructive escape artist short of a dig proof fence and hot wire (electric fence) to keep the dog from climbing over the fence and, keep her off the fence period. Huskies can climb fairly well and, will if they are determined to escape a fence. Of course using a hot wire, you end up with a dog that's afraid of wire fences but, at least they aren't escaping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts