Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor has had a husky for over 5 years and I dont think they have ever let it in the house. I never see anyone pay any attention to it. I live in Mass and the temps have gotten down to -12 at night and you can hear this poor dog crying all night! Should this dog be left out? I know husky's are some what use to the cold but I cant see how this dog can have adequit water. I feel bad for the poor guy!:( They never ever let him in the house!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
If the dog doesn't have water and shelter I'd call A/C. Not much you can do about not giving him attn, unless you want to be friendly with your neighbors and offer to walk him/play with him.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I would call your local animal control. If the dog looks very skinny and dehydrated, try putting out some leftover food and an old water bowl for him until animal control can come. (Dont give him too much food if hes starving, it can cause his stomach to expand too fast and seizure.)

If he looks well fed but is left outside, call animal control anyhow, because in specially cold weather, they will see that no adequite shelter is provided, they will get a fine and a maybe a checkup at a later date to make sure shelter was provided. But this is really up to how your local animal shelters are.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This dog really has not been socialized and he stares at you funny so im kind of leary going near him...I called A/C and left a message but no one has called me back! He doesnt look skinny and he does have one of those igloo dog houses outside for him to go in(I didnt see it at first beacause they have some large rocks in their yard and it looked like a rock). I just feel bad for the poor guy I hear him howle all night long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts