Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will soon we buying a Siberian Husky and we are not sure weather or not it will be a male or female, but we have been trying to come up with some names. It will be AKC registered so not sure what type of a name we should come up with. Any suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Hello from another Oregonian!

Are you asking about a registration name or a call name, or both? What kind of names do you like? People names, nature-related names, foreign names...?

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I'm around the suburb Beaverton/Portland area.

Names I'm pulling off the top of my head -

Autumn
Dawn
Memory
Angel
Maple
China
Kenya
Anya
Laurel
Candle
Willow
Gem
Amber
Rema
Teeka
Mia
Rose
Saffron
Ivy
Faith
Eva
Tia
Rain/Rayne
Winter
Bella/Bell
Sheba
Hazel
Kaela
Hiver
Raven
Storm
Calla
Ria
Chloe
Anja
Rhylla
Whisper

Rhylla, Whisper, and Memory are names of my friend's dogs that I've suggested, and my personal favorites :D

Those are all girl names, I come up with boy names later.

When are you getting your puppy? Is he/she born yet?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the great names... Keep them coming!! We are just East of Portland out between Sandy and Gresham. Our little puppy isn't even due until April 26th and we wont get to take him/her home until 8 weeks old.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
For a husky i'd suggest names like Eskimo, Snowstorm, Frosty or Blizzard (my dog:))

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi... you must be so excited!....My huskies name is Chubby -- that was his name when we adopted him and everyone liked it, so we kept it....it was easier for the dog too.

But my personal favorite would have been....Timber
;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that our puppy is born we have about 3 weeks until we get to see and pick weather or not we want a female or male. We still need some name ideas.... I really like Lakota, but could that be used for either female or male?? What about Eclipse? Tundra?

·
Registered
823 Posts
What is the registered name?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well... for a female, i love the name Nova (that's what i'm naming my female husky when i get one)

For males... i like mythological god names...
Orion, Apollo is the name of mine, Zeus, thor, you get the drill..

Other names i like are:
Balthazar
Willow
Maple

1 - 14 of 14 Posts