Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a ton of photos from the event sorry. It's very hard to take photos with a 60lb dog pulling at your arm trying to get your attention.

Today was a local Humane Society's yearly donation drive. I decided to take Nubs over there for a practice run of being around a lot of dogs before a huge Pit Bull Awareness Walk on the 23rd. I wanted to see what he would be like before I got him around 100+ other Pit Bulls. Let me tell ya, he did GREAT!!!

8am this morning:
"I don't care what you want to do, it is too early..."

"Look at all the dogs!!"

More...

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Ultimate Air Dogs were at this event. There is a black dog in this photo mid-jump:

"See, Pit Bulls can be around 1000's of people and 100's of other dogs and not have any issues!"

After this we went to Petco for fun. Educated some older folks about the myths of the breed. Then visited the Animal Shelter where Nubs came from and got loved on there.

Guess what Nubs is up to now? If you guessed tearing up a toy and running wildly around the house, you'd would be correct! Terriers have no off button. I swear Nubs could go all day non-stop and still not be ready for bed that night.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
very cool! Nice to see all of those dogs there in support of rescues. Did you let Nubs jump in the pool? We have a group here just like that, they call themselves the "dock dogs" anyone can join the group. People really seem to enjoy watching the dogs jump after toys in the pool, it brings a nice size crowd of people to the rescue functions.

What a good boy Mr. Nubs is for showing his breed proud.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very cool! Nice to see all of those dogs there in support of rescues. Did you let Nubs jump in the pool?
Nah, they weren't offering it at this event. The UKC Premier is coming up in June, and with the way Nubs did at this event, if he shows the same attitude at the Pit Bull Awareness Walk on May 23rd, I might take him to the Premier with me. At the Premier they offer beginner dock diving by the same club, and I'll have him try it there. He loves the water but doesn't seem to like swimming, so I'll try!

He really was amazing at the event. He had dogs walking all over him and he would still listen to my sit and stay commands. I was shocked and amazed the whole time. I was walking in and our of crowd of dogs and he wasn't even trying to say "hi" to them. Although he has to learn when I say "sit", it doesn't mean Find the nearest man's foot and sit on it. We were in line for Water and I told him to sit a few times, and every time he sat on this guys foot. Too bad he was married *snaps finger*. I'll have to remember that the next time I see a hot guy. Nothing like picking up a guy with a Pit Bull sitting on their foot!

·
Registered
714 Posts
hes such a handsome boy!

i'm glad you are able to take him out there and let people know they arent bad dogs, makes me so sad when people dont even know the breed and just have their assumptions!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts