Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone here has a dog that experienced this before?

I noticed my dog kept chewing at her right foreleg (been happening for some time). She scratches herself at various places quite frequently too, sometimes she wakes up in the middle of the night to scratch herself then go back to sleep.

Could the little scabs be due to tick bites? I recently found 1 tick on her...

And the huge scab I really don't know what to do with it... she keeps chewing that spot I wonder how it can possibly heal...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the advice!

We bathe her almost every week, with a normal dog shampoo. We're actually supposed to use sebolyse, will switch back to sebolyse tomorrow.

She seems to have a tick problem going on. Just found another tick on her last night.

Is this a 'must see vet' situation or something I can take care of with some tick/flea wash and a good vet-prescribed shampoo? I still have a bottle of sebolyse from the vet.

I've been cleaning the scab/wound on her leg and sprayed on antiseptic every night. I'm not sure how that's working.. will check again tonight.

I'm feeding her Wellness Core Original that is grain-free, plus flax seed oil, plus a joint supplement that contains shark cartilage and some extract from mussels.

What are the likely allergens here? I'm thinking it's the joint supplements...

What are the best tick+flea removal solutions? I want those creeps dead, not crawling out of her :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts