Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been around much, keeping busy with graduation, preparing for a new job/temporary move, etc. I've recently edited a big batch of photos from over the summer, and realize it's been a while since I've posted.

Trent and Siege are doing great, these photos are mostly of Siege because I decided to actually listen to the vet and limit Trent's activity, so he doesn't reinjure himself... (for those who don't remember, he landed funny and sustained a minor leg injury a while ago).

We spent a lot of time at the beach

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We also got to meet the absolutely WONDERFUL Jackie (Xeph), who I've wanted to meet for what? 7 years now? In case anyone's curious, yes, she is incredibly cool and hilarious, and so fun to hang out with!

Trent and Siege get a walk together every evening

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Siege and I met up with a friend at a park she recommended, and got to meet her GSD again and her adorable Malinois puppy.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trent and Siege in the backyard. Expectation vs. reality.

vs.

She's a happy, happy girl

And a few months back, we also met up with another local Malinois owner and her two Mals!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Sassy and bloody lol

And for fun, this is the face that often creeps over my shoulder. Just showing her teeth and heavy breathing

And a video of her and Trent playing (sorry for the "Joyce!!" in the background, we were watching The Woman in Black 2 on Netflix lol)

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
....soooo your temporary move wouldn't happen to be anywhere near here would it?

I've been seriously considering having a photo shoot done of me and Luna and I love the style of your photos!

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Happy to see an update! Amazing pictures as always. I love the beach pics!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
....soooo your temporary move wouldn't happen to be anywhere near here would it?

I've been seriously considering having a photo shoot done of me and Luna and I love the style of your photos!
Ahh unfortunately not, but thank you!! I haven't gotten to the point where I know if I should/could do paid photoshoots, but it's really flattering hearing that! I do have a lot of friends all over Canada that I'd love to visit, so if I'm ever in the area I'll let you know ;)

Happy to see an update! Amazing pictures as always. I love the beach pics!
Thank you so much!! Haha that day was a challenge for sure (the beach day), because I brought my 11-16mm wide angle and there weren't really any colors to work with. I had a lot of fun with that change of pace though!!

I love your pictures!

Trent looks so dignified and Siege looks so INTENSE.
Thank you so much! Trent goes between dignified and too serious to care, and ridiculously goofy and sassy. He was a silly, lazy turd the day Jackie met him LOL (we were just coming back from a 12 hour beach trip though!). Siege is definitely four cups of crazy when there's something she wants in on.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've been waiting for a picture update! Your pups are absolutely gorgeous! I'm seriously in love with the beach photos; the wide angle lens really gives a unique perspective and makes them stand out! Hopefully Trent fully recovers soon, so he can join you and Siege on all your adventures!

I second ireth0, I would love to have you do a photo shoot of me and Duke! So, if you're ever in Michigan, let me know! :wink:

Also, random, but something about the face of the large Malinois in this photo reminds me so much of Duke, except for the stand up ears, of course! You got to meet up with some good looking dogs!

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Also, random, but something about the face of the large Malinois in this photo reminds me so much of Duke, except for the stand up ears, of course! You got to meet up with some good looking dogs!
I was thinking the same thing. Almost looks ridgeback-ish

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks so much guys! No worries, Trent has been feeling completely fine for a while, but the last time he hurt himself I had him back up and running/fetching/climbing in two weeks and he reinjured himself easily. So I'm listening to the vet for real this time :p

They are so gorgeous!
Thank you!

I've been waiting for a picture update! Your pups are absolutely gorgeous! I'm seriously in love with the beach photos; the wide angle lens really gives a unique perspective and makes them stand out! Hopefully Trent fully recovers soon, so he can join you and Siege on all your adventures!

I second ireth0, I would love to have you do a photo shoot of me and Duke! So, if you're ever in Michigan, let me know! :wink:
HAHA WHAT. I would be so embarrassed to do a photo shoot for you!! I wouldn't be able to live up to that standard, I regularly find inspiration in your photos but fall short so I stick to what I know :) Thank you so much for that kind of compliment though! That's incredibly flattering.

I'm definitely going to take the 11-16mm out more often, it's a GREAT lens that I absolutely love, and just never use. Ironically my most expensive lens (though I barely paid for it), but another photographer has been encouraging me to go wide angle more. I promised her I would, so I'll keep working on it!!

I was thinking the same thing. Almost looks ridgeback-ish
He really does! I immediately thought of a Ridgeback, too, and honestly I imagine there may be extra breed(s) in there somewhere. He's police bred and while his littermate sister looks more Malinois-y, I would believe they've got the influence of some other breed in there. Happens all the time with Mals and Dutchies!

(photo not mine, belongs to the male's owner)

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
He really does! I immediately thought of a Ridgeback, too, and honestly I imagine there may be extra breed(s) in there somewhere. He's police bred and while his littermate sister looks more Malinois-y, I would believe they've got the influence of some other breed in there. Happens all the time with Mals and Dutchies!

(photo not mine, belongs to the male's owner)
Oh I didn't know that was common! Do they purposely cross them with other breeds? Both him and his sister look like they are single coated.

·
Registered
646 Posts
HAHA WHAT. I would be so embarrassed to do a photo shoot for you!! I wouldn't be able to live up to that standard, I regularly find inspiration in your photos but fall short so I stick to what I know :) Thank you so much for that kind of compliment though! That's incredibly flattering.

I'm definitely going to take the 11-16mm out more often, it's a GREAT lens that I absolutely love, and just never use. Ironically my most expensive lens (though I barely paid for it), but another photographer has been encouraging me to go wide angle more. I promised her I would, so I'll keep working on it!!
Are you kidding me?!? I would be HONORED for you to do a photoshoot for me! I feel like I could learn so much from you! Your photos are always super well focused; I tend to get stuck in super wide apertures because I love the look but then struggle with getting everything I want in focus, especially when there are multiple subjects in the picture. I'm honestly so inspired by your photos! They are literally perfection!!

I believe I've used the 11-16mm and loved it. Wide angle lenses are definitely not the first lens I grab for most photo shoots, but lately I've been wishing I had one (widest I have is 24mm) because the effect they have is awesome! I look forward to seeing more wide angle pictures!

Also, I had no idea Mals and Dutchies often have other breeds incorporated. Very cool!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts