Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hubby is a genius!!! We have one dog, a 1 year old labrador named Belle. We got her about a year ago, not knowing how big she'd get we got a realllllyyyy big crate. Now we are getting another female labrador in mid March. So instead of buying 2 more smaller crates ($200ish), hubby built a dividor out of wood to make two rooms out of the same crate. It's awesome :) I'm so excited.

The 1st is it finished (without blankets in it so it looks a little bare) and the 2nd pic is Belle in her half of the crate.

The sides are about equal, he thinks he cut it about 1/4" too short, so Belle's side is about one inch bigger than the new puppy's side...but I don't think she will mind :) Yay!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea.

Only thing i see is if it isnt tied to the crate securely..if it is just jammed in there..i can see something bad happening. is it secure in there with ties or something?
It's secure. He drilled holes in it then bought like tie things, dont realy know how to describe them, and tied it on there.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
THats great - but let me just give you my experience -

We had the same type of crate when our lab mix was a puppy. We used the divider while she was potty training.

I was taking a nap one day and heard the most awful scream - I jumped up and Jiggy's little baby paw was caught in the divider. She was freaking - I managed to get her foot out but I got a pretty good bite while I was doing it.

She was ok, but it scared the poop outta me. Just be careful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts