Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Yeah we tried it and it was a piece of junk. Not enough power to get through our dogs nails, the thing that traps the dust and what not broke after just a few uses, and then it stopped working after a while. We tossed it and got another dremel (now we have a corded and cordless)

I don't believe it has a quick finder but newer versions may.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Yeah we tried it and it was a piece of junk. Not enough power to get through our dogs nails, the thing that traps the dust and what not broke after just a few uses, and then it stopped working after a while. We tossed it and got another dremel (now we have a corded and cordless)

I don't believe it has a quick finder but newer versions may.
I had the same experience. It didn't work at all. I use a Minimite Dremel instead. It's cheaper and more effective. As for the quick finder, I think you will find that you don't need one with a little bit of experience. I was super squeemish about the possibility of hitting my dog's quick but the more I learned and the more I just did it, the better and more confident I've gotten. I've never quicked my dog's nails. Not once.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I'll chime in and 'third' the pedipaws being junk for grinding dogs nails. It's just not powerful enough. It was helpful to use while desensitizing my dog to a grinder but I quickly just spent the $30 on a cordless dremel and it's great. As Kafkabeetle said you'll get a feel for it pretty quickly and your dog will certainly let you know before you hit the quick.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I picked one up for $10 right after bringing Buster home. It was helpful for desensitizing Buster to a grinder but over all worthless for actually getting the job done. I switched him to a Dremel Mini Mite by the time he was 4 months since the PediPaws didnt have the power to handle his nails and I now use a Dremel MulitPro with him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts