Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
don't know about the hunting thing never done it. Did teach my GSD's about the wait till they closer stay quiet and still... Military housing wanting to bark at the big picture window all night long for cars coming and going for all the shift work on post. I just sat with them as cars and people were driving up and leaving. work on not making a sound to wait, as long as they on the side walk we just wait.. but if they take the walkway up to the front door that is when it was good to bark. but until then we just wait silently very still and watch. "wait until they closer" then you don't have to run so far to get them lol lol I know my Darien loved that one.. Seen him teaching it to one of the puppies at our new place while in the yard seeing a guy walking up the road towards our house. Wait until they get closer....

There were not exact commands GSD's know your words when you just talk to them. sitting with them and going through it as it was happening they picked it up really well. . After that they were sneaky SOBs for all things... little monsters with what they had learned... Be careful what you wish for in a GSD they take what they learn and apply it to all things ...

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
good thing is local wild rabbits run in circles.. that's how intune smart they are applying what they learn from failures they know not to chase the rabbit but to swing wide and catch them on the way back at them once they have run.. There is a youtube video of a dog stalking a ball very intense control for every movement of that ball. Anyone remember this video.?

The dogs have learned to run the open range cattle off our barb wire fencing by taking them out on long lines . they learned the boundary of not going going past the fence and only doing the activity when the cows were on the fence and then we leave when the cows are not on the fence line. They able to do it on their own if they see it happening or be sent to go do it and come back once accomplished. It is all about doing it with them using simple already instilled commands towards a task.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.