Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to switch a dog from freezedried raw to kibble?

They aren't supposed to eat kibble at the same time they eat raw, so - sub one meal?

From Ziwi to Acana

·
Registered
95 Posts
How to switch a dog from freezedried raw to kibble?

They aren't supposed to eat kibble at the same time they eat raw, so - sub one meal?

From Ziwi to Acana
I strongly recommend if you want to save -- to simply feed with table scraps. Table scraps are much healthier and less processed than the most expensive brand of kibble.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I strongly recommend if you want to save -- to simply feed with table scraps. Table scraps are much healthier and less processed than the most expensive brand of kibble.
While I agree that fresh food is better, table scraps do not usually make a balanced diet for a dog. They can have some serious deficiencies if a home-prepared diet is done wrong. But, yes, a balanced homemade diet can be excellent.

I don't have a problem with feeding raw and kibble together. I would mix the 2 like you would normally do when switching kibble.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've been giving mine Prozyme whenever I switch foods without transitioning and have not had any problems. And I don't think my Shih Tzu has an iron stomach so it must be the Prozyme. (I switched from feeding her kibble to feeding freeze dried raw.)

·
Registered
329 Posts
For issues of finances and convenience, Sasha gets kibble for breakfast and lunch and raw for supper. Meat is very expensive compared to kibble so I stock up on scraps that I can buy at the grocery store, butcher shop and Asian market, plus I get gifts of wild and freezer burned meat, but its rarely enough to feed her all the time. She has no issues going back and forth, but that's her. Go slow and see how your dog responds to the change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts