Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is itching a lot what can I do to stop that its on his belly its not fleas I checked any suggestions thanks

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
See the vet get the current problem under control. To prevent future breakouts assuming its allergies. do like you would do with yourself. healthy food and build up the immune system. vitamins and plain yogurt. Clean bottled water. Wash the dogs bedding frequently if they spend time in a kennel. And use a medicated shampoo for baths. during a "breakout" put a t-shirt on your fur baby to prevent him from causing more problems. you'll have to see the vet every so often if it gets out of control but this will help him not get as many problems. This worked super well for my dogs and I have 2 dogs with severe skin allergies. also NEVER NEVER NEVER buy skin products for your dog at the store buy them directly from the vet. not all of them are bad but its easier and safer just to go to the vet to get your shampoos and flea and tick. cause so many store products have ingredients that can really cause bad skin problems.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I third the vet. Could be an allergy ect.. there are a lot of things that could cause itching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts