Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our little Aussie is doing great sofar, and we have quit playing the game of waking us up to play in the middle of the night, so now he is sleeping about 6.5 hrs at 11wks old.

So if we go to bed around 10, he usually wakes up and barks a few times around 4:30, when i get up and let him out of his crate and he takes off to the back door and goes immediately once i let him out. 4:30 seems to be his time, but we "normally" get up at 5:30...will he just grow into the extra hour we'd like him to sleep for, or should we be ignoring him bit by bit until we get to 5:30?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
He's doing great for 11 weeks! In a few weeks, I would start delaying getting up with him for 5 minutes. Do that for a couple days and then 5 more minutes, slowly lengthening it out to 5:30.

·
Registered
115 Posts
He will start sleeping more as he gets older. My puppy used to wake up every morning at 4:00am but as he got older he started sleeping later and later. He usually doesn't wake up now until my alarm clock goes off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree with the other two, this just takes time which, unfortuantely we cannot speed up or slow down. We brought home a 4 month old pup a month ago and she was sleeping about 7 hours and I delayed getting her 5 - 10 minutes every time I got up and now she is quiet for 8+ hours!

For 11 weeks, your dog is doing great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts