Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I"m SORRY I Posted this in the wrong forum but don't see a way to delete it.

My 2-y-o female lab mix is very hard on my 12-y-o submissive boxer boy. She picks at him constantly. And he only defends himself by snarling or barking or baring his few remaining teeth. Sometimes he comes over and stands in front of me, which just makes it worse, because she's very jealous. We got a new 14-week-old puppy, thinking she would be so busy playing with the puppy, she would leave ole Chopper alone. But that's not the case. She continues to nip at him, which just makes the puppy bark and nip at him too. :( When I try to make her stop, she just keeps going at it even harder. It makes me so angry. She just thinks she's playing, and when I get upset, she thinks I'm playing too, I guess. In fact, she sometimes nips at him to get my attention. When it's close to dinner time, for instance, she starts nipping at Chopper so I'll get up and feed her. So using the "distraction" method, like offering her a treat if she stops, seems to backfire for me. She uses it against me! And poor Chopper just doesn't deserve this! He's the sweetest, most submissive dog in the universe. Any advice is appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts