Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Grooming your dog shouldn't be a chore, it should be fun. here are some fun tips for how to groom your dog *******also you should make sure to use a brush that has a plastic tip rather than a metal one. the plastic tip makes sure that the animal does not get hurt. =)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Actually, you want to use a metal pin brush with no tip covers at all. The plastic coveers and ball tips that they put on the brush to make it look kinder do an incredible amount of damage to the coat itself and also get caught in the hair easily. A good pin brush like one from Greyhound or Chris Christensen will be able to handle lots of use without falling apart. They glide through the hair like butter because they don't have the covers that get caught on the hair and damage it. I used to use a big plastic pin brush for my own hair, but once I got a Greyhound brush for my dog I had to get one for myself!

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I agree whole heartedly with animalcracker. Throw the plastic ones in the garbage with the rest of the trash, where they belong.

CC pin brushes are awesome! I have one for myself, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts