Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to dog owning, so I don’t really know how to ask for what I want when my dog gets groomed. At the moment, he has a #3 cut and a teddy bear face. I’m fine with the latter, but I’d really like the cut to be a half inch to an inch longer. Next time I take him in, what should I ask for?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
If you are taking him to the same place just tell them exactly that. You would like him cut about half an inch to an inch longer than last time, the face was great and would like that the same.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
If you can find any photos of a clip you like, you could print those out to show them too. =)

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
If he is in a #3 blade now, then ask for something like an "E" Snap on comb length, or a 3\4 HT blade length...the latter of which leaves a nice 'poofable length' that is easier to manage, than say the earlier one, which is over an inch long. Hopefully, if they have your file on record, they can just go from the 3 blade, up to a length that is suitable to what you want.

One thing to really be sure of though, is that you keep that dog combed and brushed out-thoroughly. If you don't know how to properly comb\brush him out, go ASAP to your groomer and ask them to show you how...

The reason I tell you to keep him combed out between grooms is that these dogs (atleast he looks like a 'doodle' type dog) are prone to heavy matting, especially in the armpits, and flank areas, and if you don't keep him brushed out regularly, his grooming appointments with the pros will be very uncomfortable and even painful, especially if you insist on leaving him longer. ;)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate the help!

And Love's Sophie, you're right--he is a poodle mix: Llasa Apso/miniature poodle. I do brush him several times a week. I haven't done much combing. Is there one you suggest?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate the help!

And Love's Sophie, you're right--he is a poodle mix: Llasa Apso/miniature poodle. I do brush him several times a week. I haven't done much combing. Is there one you suggest?

Thanks again!
Do an online search of 'greyhound' style combs...petedge has them, as do many other online groom supply stores. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts