Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I'm amazed they have all those dogs trained not to mob the food until the handler says so! =O

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Hm, well that is one way to get a bad case of indigestion. LOL
What was the trainer holding in his hands?

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Looked like a whip of some sort...
Alright, that is what I thought. Hence the not approaching the food until given the command? Either way, I don't think I would be ready for 100 dogs. lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wonder how they make sure every single dog gets fed and no one gets left out.
That was my first thought as well. I noticed there were a lot of dogs not getting anywhere near the food because so many others were eating it. I hope this is more of a "trick" then a feeding regimen.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Curious to know what kind of training this takes. Not encouraged by the whip or the feeding frenzy. Hard to believe it doesn't lead to some dogs not getting enough as well as some aggression.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I suspect that they feed the dogs like this once a day, for tourists.

Don't know that for sure, though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The hounds I know that are used for hunting are all fed similarly to this. In one case the food is spread across the entire room, but same idea.

All the hounds that I've seen have looked in very good shape and there really isn't that much aggression between them. They've been bred and raised to live just like that for hundreds of years. They have to be able to work effectively in a large group to be able to lead a hunt.

That said I'm sure there are some abusive situations out there just like in everything else. In general though most hunting hounds are VERY well cared for as they are a source of pride for the hunt club. If your hounds aren't good then your hunts won't be good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts