Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kessel likes to play in water but it makes a huge mess when she does. So does the one year old human child. The big dog makes a mess just drinking. The water bowl is already inside a box to contain spills but with the puppy and child playing in it that's not enough now. Got some creative solutions? Besides the obvious keep child away from it. The puppy will be to big to lay in it very soon so that'll resolve that. There's six animals total drinking from the water bowl.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have the same problem with my dog :( She likes to use her paws and splash all in it. The only solution I found was to attach the water bowl to a crate that's at her eye level. Otherwise, she's able to raise her paws over it. If the water's on the ground, forget it, it will be spilled all over! Elevated is a better bet. However, I must mention there are different schools of thought as to whether feeding a dog food and/or water at an elevated level is better or worse for their health. The vet doesn't seem to have a good opinion on this, :S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts