Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I just got my puppy a week ago. According to the breeder she was paper trained. Once she got used to our apartment and saw where the pee pads and paper spots were, she got used to only peeing in one of those two spots. However, she seems to have a new favourite spot and pees in one of two doorways, and no matter what I do I find her doing it again and again. When I catch her in the act I say NO! to try and stop her, and then pick her up and put her on the paper area. But since she is such a little dog, she has already finished peeing at that point. Also, when I put her on the pad she just freezes, shakes, and looks up at me nervously. I never punish her if I didn't see her doing it, and just clean it up. I really am at a loss, because she hasn't peed on the pads in three days and I'm slowly going crazy wondering what I've done wrong to make her stop going on the paper spots.

How do I get her to start peeing on the papers again, and how do I prevent her from peeing in the one doorway she's gotten used to urinating in? I really appreciate your advice because I am completely dumbfounded and have no idea what to do!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
She needs to be confined, preferably in a crate and only allowed scheduled, closely supervised periods of freedom. She currently has too much freedom. And you need to take her to the pads on a regular basis. Also, be sure and clean any accidents up with an enzyme cleaner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.