Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, just wondering how often dogs should be fed according to age and size. Brownie is a pomeranian chihuahua and mixed with who knows what, he's about 7 months now and weighs 14lbs. He's on Wellness and eats almost 1 cup a day.

I'm thinking twice a day for 6 months and up, but my dog still needs to eat 3 times a day. He is not an overeater at all, he will only eat until he's full no matter how much you put in front of him, but he gets hungry right before bed and starts looking for food.

Thanks in advance for your inputs! :wave:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Yes, two meals a day is appropriate for 7 months. In fact, I feed my adult dogs twice a day - they're happier that way. Are you feeding the two meals at 12 hour intervals? If there's more time than that between two of the meals (esp. between dinner and breakfast), it would explain the ravenous hunger. Does your dog get the hunger pukes in the morning before breakfast? If so, take just a little bit of the daily ration and give him a small bedtime snack to help tide him overnight.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's fed at 7am and 6pm, but he gets hungry around 11pm and he will throw up in the middle of the night. Thanks, I will give him a snack before bed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts