Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a silly questions and the reason for this questions is because I have a small breed dog and thought that he would poo more than once a day...sum times he goes twice but very rarely any more....He is eating Natures Variety Chicken if that helps any lol

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Sounds about right! My dogs are bigger but they only go once or twice a day. Especially with a higher quality food, there are less fillers so they absorb/digest more and poo less.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Chloe usually poops twice a day, but sometimes it's only once - in the morning. Depends on how much she eats (doesn't always finish her meals).

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Yup, that's pretty much exactly how Basil is, one poo in the morning walk and some of the time one more in the evening, and he's a Papillon. Do big dogs poo more? Lol!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Never count on it, how many times your dog may need to P or P. Always give them them the opportunity to go, especially before bed time.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Lucy poos twice a day.

Juno is on Taste of the Wild and I feel like she poos a lot, although I've never counted it. More than twice though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hehe! IM glad you asked this question since I had the exact same concerns.

My puppy eats raw food and usually poos once, sometimes twice and sometimes not at all.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Smudge goes once maybe 2x a day. Cider seems to poop more when active, and likes to go least 3x if we are trialling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts