Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8:30 or 9:00 without fail Mina is up and ready to go out. I throw on some shoes, take her out to do her business. Come back in get her breakfast ready and get her eating. Then I start getting Upendi's breakfast ready and feed her. By that time Mina is done eating and after a drink of water she goes out to pee. When she comes in, Upendi is done eating gets a drink and goes out. This is all normally accomplished by 10:30. Mina then gets a bit of training and play time before it's time for a nap. While she's napping Upendi gets her first walk of the day. We leave by 11:30 and walk for about an hour. After all that I finally sit down for my first cup of coffee. ;) How long does your morning routine with your pups take?

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Haha, if I waited that long to get my day started, there would be a canine uproar in my house. I'm up at 5:45 during the week, the dog is walked around 6, and fed when I leave the house at 7. On the weekends he still asks to be fed at 7, but I can usually go back to bed and sleep a couple more hours before he insists on a walk.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thats funny I was just thinking about that this morning. It is really hot here in Florida already--even at 6:00 in the morning when we start our morning routine. I have four dogs and no fenced in yard (BooHoo) so every one goes for a walk---two have to go alone because if I try to take more than one they think it is party time and never get their "business" done. The other two go together. Then we come in and have breakfast and then after breakfast it starts all over again. I'm sure the neighbors think all I do is walk my dogs.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
We don't have a routine, but in the summer, I have been known to wake up at 6 and be out in the pasture exercising the dogs by 6:10. I feed them 2 hours after we get back in. Other days (and in the winter), I'll get up and feed them at 6 and we'll go out to the pasture 3 hours later. They have a doggy door and a fenced yard, so they go potty whenever they want. We go back out to the pasture for the second exercise at 4 - 8 PM depending on the weather.

Their training is in the early afternoon so they're a little hungry.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Ideally I would wake up at 5:30 and take my dog for a nice long walk, then come back inside around 6:15, take a shower, feed my dog and myself and be off to work by 7:15.

However, it doesn't work like this. No matter how loud I set my alarm I can't seem to get up any earlier then 6:45. So 6:45 I wake up, wash his food/water bowls. feed him and give him fresh water. while he's eating I get my breakfast ready. Then he comes in the kitchen when he's done eating and I take him to the back yard and I sit on the porch eating while he goes potty. Then we go back inside. I get ready for work and leave at about 7:25 when I should be leaving at 7:15.

One of the things that I LOVE about my dog is despite the fact that we wake up at 6:45 during the week and he eats breakfast at 6:45 during the week, on the weekends, he sleeps until I sleep, which is nice. :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Let's see... generally I wake up around 7:00. First thing I do is grab Bandit, take him outside to go to the bathroom - then we walk over to the coop and let the chickens outside for the morning. I check their food and water, and refill if needed. Check everyone over, then head back to the kennel. I feed all three dogs, scoop and mop the kennel floor. Then I take 15 minutes to train each dog individually. I come back inside, feed and water the cats, then check on the snakes and do any cage cleaning or watering that's needed. Then, back outside I go to turn the compost pile and manage the gardens.

My routine chores last until roughly 10:00 am, so about 3 hours in the morning. But, I'm usually doing other farm chores until the time my husband comes home from work, with short breaks inbetween.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I get up at 6, take Shadow out, and Belle for a walk. When Belle and I get back, I feed 'em (and the cats, and guinea pigs...) and go back to bed, and get back up around noon.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
This is VERY funny to me.. I am trying to think of the last time I slept until 6:30AM...

It gets light out (or threatens to) at 3:50AM. At the first threat of light, Naughty is up (cat) sitting and staring at me. Yes.. at 3:50AM. :rolleyes: HE remembers when I had to milk cows and his attitude is, "You need to get up and milk the cows, and on the way out DON'T FORGET TO FEED THE CATS!" I have not milked cows since October of 1996.. and he will NEVER forget. He is 13 and he rules the house. If you try to change the rules it is like squeezing a tube of toothpaste.. you stop this over here and some new (and usually less pleasant) rule replaces it over there....

By 4:15AM if I am not up, he goes and gets all the cats up which gets the dog awake. I am up then for sure. First thing I have to do is give Fireball (cat) her pills, then mix up and microwave her food and feed her her special diet in a separate room. Next I have to feed the other 4 cats. Atka, by this time is laying back down giving me and the cats the hairy eyeball (what is WRONG with you people getting up in the middle of the night hairy eyeball).

While cats are eating and dog is hitting her snooze button, I am getting ready for work. By 5:15AM I am taking the dog out for her mile to mile and a half walk and make sure she does her stuff. Get back and feed her a little in her crate and give fresh water.. lock crate doors and lock house... and in the car by 6:10AM at the latest... drive to the park and ride and meet my car pool and get to work. At 7:15AM I have my cup of coffee and Fruit at my desk and start work....

Weekends I sometimes burn daylight.. and stay in bed until 5:30AM (if Naughty the Cat will let me). Most weekends by 9:30Am I have done all the weekday stuff, cleaned the house and got a wash in, or one on the line and a second one in...

The cats mean for me to keep up my standards.

I miss being a FT farmer. Might as well be one anyway.. the hours haven't changed.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Ideally I would wake up at 5:30 and take my dog for a nice long walk, then come back inside around 6:15, take a shower, feed my dog and myself and be off to work by 7:15.

However, it doesn't work like this. No matter how loud I set my alarm I can't seem to get up any earlier then 6:45. So 6:45 I wake up, wash his food/water bowls. feed him and give him fresh water. while he's eating I get my breakfast ready. Then he comes in the kitchen when he's done eating and I take him to the back yard and I sit on the porch eating while he goes potty. Then we go back inside. I get ready for work and leave at about 7:25 when I should be leaving at 7:15.

One of the things that I LOVE about my dog is despite the fact that we wake up at 6:45 during the week and he eats breakfast at 6:45 during the week, on the weekends, he sleeps until I sleep, which is nice. :)
this is almost my day to a "T"...except replace "make breakfast" and "eat breakfast" with make coffee and drink coffee..and I leave at 7:45 to drop the kid at school and get to work....and on the rare occasion I can get myself up at 5:30 I end up sitting at the computer on DF ...LOL

I'm hoping now that its summer and my sister will be staying with me to watch my daughter that I can now take the dogs for a AM walk ...I couldn't before because no one would be home with my 7yr old..as my husband is up and gone to work at 3:30 am

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
05:00 Pretend to sleep as dog paces around bedroom.
05:10 Pretend to sleep as dog starts whining
05:15 Pretend to sleep as dog puts her head on the bed and gently nudges me with her nose
05:16 Pretend to sleep as dog hops onto bed and starts licking face
05:20 Snap to attention and hurry to my feet to make sure the strange rustling at the foot of my bed doesn't involve poop.
05:21 Stub toe
05:22 Curse & swear
05:30 get dressed
05:31 Take dog outside for quick walk around block
05:50 Stumble back into bedroom and collapse back into bed
06:00 Hit snooze button
06:08 Smash alarm clock with fist
06:15 Get dressed for real and get ready for work
06:45 Breakfast!
06:50 get Kong from freezer and head for work

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm up at 3 and the dogs are in the backyard by 3:30. I leave the house for work at 4. Wife takes over from there. On the weekends, the dogs wake me up at 6:55 and we go out back for them to do their thing and then I get started on my honey-do list

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm going to sound so lazy to you all! lol!

I get up around 8:00-8:30, it's the summer-time. (When my sisters were in school I'd wake up at 7:20 to help get them ready.)

Anyway, when I first wake-up, I usually eat or get a drink, something... Donatello usually falls back asleep on the sofa and around 9:00-9:30 I take him out to pee&poo...

He doesn't usually eat or anything in the morning, so it doesn't take me all that long... I'm so lazy compared to you all! lol!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
my dogs know better to wake me up super early, because I make them rough it until I'm ready to let them out. :p

In the AM I let the dogs out of the kennel into the big pen. Other than that, it's easy living here.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Dog wakes me up at 7:30. I take her outside, feed her, then she plays for a bit. By 8:30 she crashes, and usually sleeps for a good 2 hours... this is when I proceed to crawl back into bed. :)

After she gets up from her nap is when we take our walk and all that "fun" stuff. I am by no means a morning person... 10:30am is still too early for me haha.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I'm woken in the morning by Nash licking my face. I get up, let the dogs out. Then whoever is not going to work with me that day goes for a short run with the bike (about a mile to mile and a half). We get home, dogs go out again. While they are out I get my breakfast and lunch ready. I shower and get dressed for work. Then the dogs are put in a sit stay or down stay, I feed the cats. Then the dogs each get a small spoonful of raw honey with a fish oil capsule in it and Allie has her prozac in her spoonful. Then the dogs eat. Then if Nash is not going to work that day I get a kong ready for him for when I go back downstairs to leave. Whoever is going gets put downstairs and I grab their collar, leash and car harness. If Nash is not going then at that point he is put in his crate and given the kong. Then the dog and I leave, I grab my breakfast and lunch as I am going out the door and usually eat breakfast at work (I'm almost always 10 minutes early or so).

If I have to open though the dogs don't get a morning run because I am not getting up that early.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The first wake up comes at 5:00am... outside for 10 mins... everybody potties, we go back in and go back to bed until 7:00am... then we're up doing the same thing. We come back in. Everybody eats at 8, then an hour or so after breakfast we going out and potty again and play.
Since I'm home all day, our mornings are pretty easy and simple.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
6:30 a.m. = hubby alarm goes off
7:30 a.m. = Get out of bed - check Bubba's glucose levels
8:00 a.m. = The doggies get fed - Bubba gets insulin shot with treat
9:00 a.m. = off to work

Evenings are when the doggies get groomed & out for their daily walk.
Grooming usually starts around 7 ish. Bubba gets glucose levels checked before 8 p.m. dinner time and insulin shot. After dinner, were out walking until 9ish or so.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
6:30 am without fail, Summer starts stepping on me. Then she barks and barks and I let her out. We go get back in bed. If I don't let her back in bed, she'll sit and whine next to my door. I wake up at 7:30 or so every morning. Summer sleeps. I feed her, but she ignores it and sleeps. I go for a walk by myself (Summer pitches a fit if I take her) or I take Beau at 8. I go to school or whatever for a while. Summer refuses to get out of bed until after 11 am except for potty breaks. Then she leisurely eats, etc. In the afternoon until about 1 am, though, I have a spazz dog. We have to do a lot to keep her entertained, she's very high energy.

We do all our exercising at night, lol. I love having a dog that isn't a morning person either. ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
5:30 - Alarm goes off, get changed, stretch
5:45 - leave for 4-5km run with Libby, she does her business along the way
6:10 - home from run, stretch, put Libby in down-stay to wait for breakfast
6:25 - hit the shower, release Libby from down-stay
6:50 - head to the chiropractor (m-w-th), otherwise watch tv or do emails
7:15 - home from chiropractor, eat breakfast, Libby sleeps on the couch
7:30 - leave for work

Weekends are pretty much the same routine, minus the chiropractor, and I sleep in while the DH has the doggy chores!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts