Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a havamalt (havanese/maltese mix) from my moms cousin soon. I was wondering how much you should feed and give it water each day. Are there certain times you should feed it. The biggest this breed will get is 9-12 pounds full grown.

Any advice is welcome

·
Registered
468 Posts
It all depends on the size of the individual dog and what food you give him. I would go on dogfoodadvisor.com and search for a food with at least a 4 star rating.

Small puppies should be fed three times a day, once they are around 6-7 months old you can cut back to 2 times. Water should be available at all times.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Their ingredients are extremely low quality, some have artificial flavors and ingredients, as well as man made chemicals linked to liver damage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ooooh, I heard that blue buffalo is good. I will check with the breeder to see what she is feeding them so he doesn't have to switch to a different diet when we get him. Unless its a low quality food.

·
Registered
468 Posts
ooooh, I heard that blue buffalo is good. I will check with the breeder to see what she is feeding them so he doesn't have to switch to a different diet when we get him. Unless its a low quality food.
Blue Buffalo is great. If you do have to switch him/her make sure you do it over a period of 10-14 days to prevent the tummy from being too upset since they are still puppies.

·
Registered
468 Posts
That is good, though. The more you ask the more you learn. I like to think a know a good amount about dogs, but I think I learn something new on here every week. Everyone on here has such great advice to give.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts