Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya! New member here :) Harley my little 10 wks beagle is a bundle of love but I have lots of questions :) the main one is.. is there a website where I can check week by week (or month by month?) how much food to feed her? I don't want to under / over feed her. Thank you :)

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
How much you feed her won't actually change based on age - just how many meals it's spilt into. Young pups need higher per weight amount of calories because they're growing into their adult size, and adult dogs need the calories to maintain that size. Feed her based on what you expect her to be, and feed more or less if she gets pudgy or ribby.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Use the recommendations on the package as a starting point. If she starts looking too thin, up the amount a bit. If she starts looking like a butterball, then cut back a bit. Also, don't forget to take the amount of treats she gets into account, and adjust her regular food accordingly. Right now, she should be getting fed three times a day. Once she's a bit older, say seven months or so, you can go to twice a day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts