Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Heh. I just figured this out this week to see how it compares to raw. We spend $45-50 per week for 4 large dogs. Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Venison. $46.46 for a 28 lb bag. And the dogs eat about a bag a week.

·
Registered
968 Posts
my dog is on wellness white fish and sweet potato and he goes through a $33 bag in about a month so that's about $8.25/week.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have 2 small dogs, I pay $31 for a 15lb bag of Canidae and it lasts about 6 weeks, about $30 for 12 cans of California natural that lasts about 24-30days...

Overall I don't think I spend that much on food for them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I refuse to do the math on dog and coffee expenditures... then I'd have to admit to the nagging voices that I'm not so money savvy

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Well... Back in Feburary, my mom bought me a 32lb bag of dog food; And I still have half of it!!

I'm not sure what that equals out to...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
30# bag of Taste of the Wild is $39.99, it lasts about a month. So I'd say about $10 a week for my 2 dogs; 105# dog and a 20# dog.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
Feed Evo Large Chunks. Large bag (28.6 pounds) costs $48 or something like that and lasts about 5.5 weeks. Dog weighs 68.5 pounds. So, $8.73 a week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I spend $14 a week for a small bag of Taste Of The Wild (Salmon) for Maggie May.

And then I spend $24 a week or whenever I run out of large bag of Taste Of The Wild (Prairie) for Sawyer and Keiko.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well, an 18lb bag of Chicken Soup costs ~$20 and it lasts 5 weeks so about $4 a week.

I refuse to do the math on dog and coffee expenditures... then I'd have to admit to the nagging voices that I'm not so money savvy
Hahaha, yes! I don't mind just figuring out the cost of kibble per week, but once I start adding everything else in....:eek:

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I rotate high quality kibbles depending on what I have a coupon for. Sometimes Canidae, sometimes Natural Balance, sometimes Innova. Usually ends up being about $40 for a 30lb bag. A bag lasts roughly six weeks for my 70lb Lab mix, so...I guess about $7 a week.

Whew. That was a tough math problem for an English teacher.

·
Registered
976 Posts
A $15 bag of Wellness Super5Mix Healthy Weight lasts about two weeks, so aboout $7.50 per week. If you add in their all natural plain non-fat yogurt and olive oil they also get with their food daily it's around $10/week.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I feed Hunters Edge 28-18 in the 40# bag. I have two dogs and a bag lasts about 1 month... That comes out to about $5 per week - per dog. Add in the treats and its just under $7 per week, per dog. Add in the shots and vet visits and it fingures out to be about $12 per week. (Baring Illness of course)

·
Registered
537 Posts
We feed Nanuq California Natural. A 15 lb costs $30 and lasts about 3 months. We also go through 1 can per week at $2.19. Looks like about $5 or so per week. She is a very small dog though.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Haha, I could never afford what some of you are spending! I have four medium sized dogs and I buy a 44# bag of Purina One every 5-6 weeks. It costs me $35 a bag at BJ's....$7 a week or $1.75 per week per dog.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts