Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all new here but lets get right too it.

i have a 15 week old rottie mix puppy, she is a rescue and i have no idea what all the mix is. Between the training and trying to switch foods she got some diarrhea so we switched her to a chicken and rice diet. she is about 27 pounds, we started with about 1/2 a chicken breast and a cup of rice 3 times a day, we are up to 2 cups and a whole breast and it still doesn't seem like enough. Are there any guidelines to start from per weight?

Some history is she has always been pretty food obsessed so hard to tell how hungry she is but it seems like it is a lot worse the last couple nights.

There are probably a dozen other questions i could ask but as her stool has been relatively firm for the last 2 days i will stick to the amount of food for right now.

I plan on taking the reintroduction of food pretty slow we started with a quarter cup per feeding tonight. So i would like to know I'm not starving my dog in the mean time.

Thanks for the attention and from what i have read here this is a great community.

By the way here name is Leela

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
I had a lot of problems with puppy diarrhea so I know how you feel.

Add some pumpkin into her food. I put a table spoon at each meal time. Just get the canned stuff, but make sure it's pure pumkin and not the pie filling.

Also, get a probiotic suplement to add to her food. This will also help her during the transition.

the mixture of chicken (or boiled hamburger) should be 1/2 and 1/2. half chicken to have rice. how much to giver her, I'm really not certain. I was following the feeding guidelines of the food I was introducing her to.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts