Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be fun to see how many GSD owners there are here. So, do you own a GSD or GSD mix? You can talk about him here.

I've got Blizzard who is half GSD. He's two years old and I've had him since he was a month old. He's a really nice boy- I can't say his the most well-behaved dog on earth but his such a handsome lovable thing!:D

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I used to own a GSD mix....

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
*raises hand*

I have 2.

Chazz, black/tan, I've had since he was 10 weeks old.

Buck, white, I adopted when he was 1 y.o.

ETA: Both are purebreds :D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have 2 GSD's, 1 black/tan male and 1 sable female.
I have 1 GSD/Bully mix and am picking up a GSD/Wolf hybrid tomorrow.
Before anyone says anything about the problems in owning a hybrid - I'm an experienced hybrid owner. I'm taking this big boy in for a rescue that simply has no space for him. There are 2 others we're trying to place so if any of you know of an experienced hybrid owner that has space for one or both PLEASE message me. One is mixed w/black GSD and the other w/Golden Retriever. I do not know the percentage of wolf in them. They were taken by the local HS who in turn passed them to my friend who has a rescue. We've had so many hybrids in recent months in this area that we simply cannot find a placement for anymore. The last group was rehomed at a sanctuary out of state.

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have two!
Sierra is going to be two next month (sniff sniff... where does the time go??) and I've had her since she was 12 weeks

and Spike who is 1.5ish... adopted him last August from the humane society.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far we've got six GSD/GSD cross owners.
Lizalots, I've always thought your two are really handsome!

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Kim was down as a GSD X Sheltie. The rescue's vet that decided that also predicted her to end up around 25-30lbs as an adult though (she's 23" and 53lbs), so take that as you will (I like her actual size :)).

Webster was down as a "German Shepherd Mix."

So I guess in theory, both of my dogs are part GSD.

DNA test? lol

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Both of mine are rescues, but I'm pretty sure they both have a good amount of GSD in them. I love German Shepherds - they are great dogs and I'm always drawn to the Northern/Shepherd mixes. :D

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I'll be taking home my first dog, a black and red German shepherd, in exactly 5 weeks (WHOO!!). Even though I have no idea which of the 3 males is mine, I'm still sort of a German shepherd owner... aren't I?

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I've got some boys ^_^

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Count Poca in. She's a shepherd mix. I've seen her with a couple of black east german shepherd purebreds - she's definitely more shepherd-like than husky or whatever else she's mixed with.

Poca...

A black east german shepherd...

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I have a ten month old GSDxHusky, she likes making funny faces at me. I have proof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used to have one. A GSD mixed with a Greyhound. She was beautiful. She needed room to run and we didn't have a big enough yard. We gave her to a family on a farm with plenty of running room.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have a mutt who was labeled a "shepherd mix." It is plausible that he may have GSD in him, but who knows? His brother (still in rescue, almost 4 years after they were found as tiny puppies...) looks like a black GSD. Whatever he is, I love my boy!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts