Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's true, I would ask your vet. Many people follow what's stated on the bag. If it says that the dog gets 1 cup daily. You can spread it out between 3 meals. That's up to you. I've been feeding my pup (6 months now), two meals a day twice daily for two months. She does need some encouragement to eat the kibble (I feed her Caindae). I suspect that she doesn't get that hungry because she chews on bully sticks (which is like GUM to us, if you chew it long enough, you don't get hungry), and gets treats every time she goes out due to Potty Training. Other times, she'll wolf down the food. I'm not sure why she does this weird behavior when she eats...she seem to be afraid of the bowl (and I've replaced it twice!!).

So, if I were you, I would ask the vet, but if you're doing the training at the same time and giving treats, you may see a decrease in food intake.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.