Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I don't know about the nutritional requirements, but I only give my 55 lb & my 14 lb dogs 1 raw egg a week. I guess I could give the bigger one 2 a week without hurting anything.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
For a number of months one dog got 2 cooked egg whites a day while the other got the cooked yolks. Now the one still gets the cooked egg white but the other only gets egg a couple times a week. He got real fluffy on all those delicious egg yolks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well, I normally cook them 1 egg as their "snack" right before bed 4-5 days out of the week and I split the one egg between the four of them so, total, they all probably end up getting about 1 egg each a week.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I give no more than two eggs a week pr dog. they love it. I just mix it up with their dry food and they always eat the egg part first. I tried giving egg to my cats as well, but they just puked it up and that was a mess I never want to ever think about again...:eek:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I use 1 egg + shell a week. I crack an egg, scramble it...pour half over his food(uncooked), &, add a shell half. I then refrigerate the other portion, & give it 2 days later - same way. So, if I do this on a Sun. for example, I then give the 2nd half on Tues.. I don't worry about it until the next week rolls around. As long as I do it during a next, seperate week, I assume that I am on track, & never give more than 1 egg total per week.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
No if it is part of a carefully considered diet. Sassy was getting egg whites daily as a high quality low phosphorus protein source for years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings to everyone!

Feeding a raw egg not the shell is recommended by alot of vets that I know it helps with a shiny coat and also gives a bit of extra protein,but most of the vets that I know only recommend it about once a week.Raw eggs are typically fine for dogs The potential for salmonella is quite low and only 1 in every 30,000 eggs is contaminated with salmonella..

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
My dogs get an egg every 2-3 days. There a good source of protien and trace minerals. Plu I use organic eggs so they contain omega 3 fatty acids.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts