Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:redface: After all the work I have done/do with my dogs (Abigail, a chi terrier mix, and Elliot, a Afghan hound mix) I usually feel pretty confident walking them, whether a person, dog, or biker is near us. Abigail still barks at other dogs, and even lunges on occasion (she is a work in progress! :p) but 8 times out of 10, its a good day. And Elliot is my golden boy, always does what he is asked. So today was a huge setback and embarrassment! I must have turned ten shades of red and looked completely nutty! I was getting my dogs out of the car, and my neighbors were out front working on their house. When i turned around to stand up and walk in the house, my dogs noticed two other dogs being walked across the street. FOR REASONS UNKNOWN, my dogs decide to jump, lunge and bark with their hair standing on end towards the other dogs. Words cant describe my complete shock and humiliation! I'm reeling in my dogs, repeating "that's enough, thats enough", ( the cue they are trained for to stop what they are doing and look at me). They just weren't having any of it. i ended up sort of pulling them towards the door, and they finally calmed down. I just couldn't believe it. Still cant! I almost expect it from Abby, but not Elliot. They kept riling each other up..*sigh*. what a day. the whole time, I could just feel the neighbors' eyes on me. :doh: I just needed to vent.. Training continues, and I go back to the square one! Anyone have any embarrassing stories to cheer me up?!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts