Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading the "I hate to run" thread in Off Topic. Seems several people here run, apparently with a dog, on their treadmills.
I run 2 or 3 miles daily on a nearby bikepath with three Labradors. Old lady run . . . slow . . . the dogs trot rather than run it. The dogs love it, and running seems to alleviate some foot and back problems I have as well as improving general fitness.
With Florida heat and humidity setting in, it might be good to do this with a treadmill. But I can't imagine the dogs doing it, much less liking it. Can you get more than one dog on a treadmill at a time? What do you do to make up for their sniff exploration and toilet breaks?

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I've heard of using treadmills to exercise dogs, but I don't think you normally get on WITH them. . .I'll have to look at that thread to see what they're talking about. Usually you just teach the dog to run on it so they can get exercise when you can't take them out. Of course taking them outside for bathroom breaks will still be needed. It's not as fun as sniffing and exploring but at least they can burn some energy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts