Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...kcal/cup and how many kcals/cup your dog actually needs?

and what does everyone here think of Rachel Rae's food Nutrish? my sister is thinking of trying it and was curious.....

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I just looked up that Nutrish. I'd never heard of it. Here is the page with the links to ingredient lists:

http://www.rachaelray.com/pets/nutrish.php

It's nice that the first two ingredients are named meat sources, but after that there are a whole lot of grains. Like I'll paste the ingredients for her Beef and Brown Rice flavor:

Beef, Chicken Meal, Brewers Rice, Corn Meal, Soybean Meal, Animal Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Corn Gluten Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Dried Beet Pulp, Natural Flavor, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Dehydrated Alfalfa, Dried Peas, Dried Tomatoes, Dried Carrots, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Olive Oil, Iron Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Dried Parsley, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Mixed Tocopherols, Niacin, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K activity), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Sulfate, Folic Acid

I'm not an expert or anything, but it just seems like a whole lot of filler and what is "animal fat"? I also feel like i read somewhere that beets were a controversial ingredient in dog food. I'd be interested to read what people with more expertise have to say though.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I think Nutrish is the best food Wal-Mart sells, but that's not saying a lot, LOL. I also think it's VERY expensive for the quality. I do know a sensitive dog that eats it and is doing well, though I know there are other foods she could do better on. But her owner never gets out of town, so she's stuck with whatever Wal-Mart or the grocery stores sell. Canidae, Chicken Soup, Wellness, even TOTW would be less expensive and better quality.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Here, Nutrish is more expensive or the same as Taste of the Wild, Chicken Soup and Wellness CORE
Are you kidding? I've never even seen it, the ingredients aren't horrible but you can get so much better. If it's more expensive than the TOTW, Core and Chicken Soup, why bother with Nutrish?
BTW, can I have Bailey? I salivate when I read your posts LOL

·
Registered
976 Posts
Are you kidding? I've never even seen it, the ingredients aren't horrible but you can get so much better. If it's more expensive than the TOTW, Core and Chicken Soup, why bother with Nutrish?
It is pretty ridiculous haha. I can't believe all the over-priced grocery store brands.
BTW, can I have Bailey? I salivate when I read your posts LOL
Haha sure, and all that hair that comes with her!:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts