Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to act nice when i walk him? he barks, he tries to run (makes me hold on to the leash too much), and one time this nice dog try to play with him, and my dog had to be an asshole and bit his neck and that nice dog ran away from us
it just embarrassing walking him in front of neighbors
oh and if u were wondering, i have3 chihihuas that lives with him too so hes not alone in the backyard

how do i discipline him? hes 2 years old and still immature

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
You are going to need to set aside about a half and hour a day just working on heeling work.

First i would teach him the "Watch me" command.

1. Say his name
2. as soon as he looks at you give him a treat
3. repeat about 20 times everyday throught the day

after he learns the "Watch me" command then take him for a walk. and tell him "watch me" while he is walking with you and hold nice soft delicious treats in your hand. Give him a treat every time her looks at you while walking.

If he starts to get distracted go back home and work on the "Watch me" some more

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
This isn't just a training problem... this is a problem with undersocialization and lack of attention training. There are a lot of issues to be addressed here and it will take months of training to resolve. I highly suggest you enlist the help of a professional behaviorist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts