Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9 month old pup/dog and every time I take him outside he is almost yanking my arm off from pulling so hard. No matter how many times I tell him "no" or pull him back towards me, he continues to pull and he is quite strong! We have even tried a choker and obviously he is willing to choke himself to death in the name of pulling as hard as he possibly can! Is there anything I can do to teach him how to walk calmly beside me like most dogs do please?

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a 9 month old pup/dog and every time I take him outside he is almost yanking my arm off from pulling so hard. No matter how many times I tell him "no" or pull him back towards me, he continues to pull and he is quite strong! We have even tried a choker and obviously he is willing to choke himself to death in the name of pulling as hard as he possibly can! Is there anything I can do to teach him how to walk calmly beside me like most dogs do please?

Thank You!
Oh goodness this sounds just like our dog. He is a wild man on the leash. We actually do have ours on a harness and he still pulls to no end. Will definitely read the suggested threads.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
We actually do have ours on a harness and he still pulls to no end.
Is it a front or back clip? The back clip can encourage a dog to pull while the front clip stops them from pulling as they will just get turned around if they try to pull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts