Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i get my puppy to stop biting the carpet? She walks around the apartment licking and bitting the carpet...when i pick her up she has carpet fluff on her mouth. I'm afraid it could make her sick if she keeps eating on it.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Tell them "no" or "Ugh ugh", and give them something that you "want" them to chew on...toy, Kong, etc.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Supervision + Grannix worked for us. Our dog had a few favorite spots she liked to chew if we weren't watching (e.g. DH working at home and thinking she was fast asleep - ha!). We sprayed those spots with Grannix every day -- it's a bitter apple spray that most dogs don't like. Catching her doing it helped, too, since we could redirect her to a chew toy. Over time she matured and stopped going after the carpet.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Supervision + Grannix worked for us. Our dog had a few favorite spots she liked to chew if we weren't watching (e.g. DH working at home and thinking she was fast asleep - ha!). We sprayed those spots with Grannix every day -- it's a bitter apple spray that most dogs don't like
where do I find Grannix?

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Beside the other suggestions, this would be a good time to crate train your puppy.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Right now my puppy has access only to the kitchen and dining room which have tile and hardwood floors. He's batted 1000 in housebreaking today at 4 months, but it will be a long while before he is able to handle being in the living room.

The little gangster keeps trying to jump on the sofa; no sofa privileges for the dogs in my house!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts