Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 6 year old Golden Retriever who recently broke his front right leg and was waiting for surgery next week. A couple of days ago he developed paralysis to the right side of his face and now has a partially torn cruciate to his back left leg. His surgery has been cancelled for further investigation. In the meantime, we have a basement entry house....so instead of keeping him in the basement alone, we have been trying to control him going up and down the stairs. We purchased a harness for him but when I put it around his chest, he is panicking on the stairs and lunging through the air with his back legs. He is 80lbs and I am 120lbs, so I end up going with him. He has now bruised my foot twice and I’ve fallen down the stairs and into the wall. I don’t know why he is so aggressive and scared on the stairs and I don’t know what to do. He is going to hurt himself more and me as well. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could use or do to calm him down? He is going crazy from lack of exercise. He is such a sweetheart but right now he is frustrating me terribly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.