Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sable means black and since I have black dogs we started with that. We didn't like Sable so my dh started playing with the letters a little bit and we came up with Sadie. My younger lab, Shadow, originally supposed to be Madison and we were going to call her Maddy. But when I was training her I was calling her Madison and when we were just playing we were calling her Maddy. I had read some where that your dog should learn to go by one name so they don't get confused when training and playing etc. The night we got my dh took her out on a leash to go to the bathroom before we went to bed. The porch light was so it was casting a shadow on them in the yard. Well she started barking at the shadow. It was too funny. When he came in he said well I think I have a name for the puppy, Shadow, and it stuck.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I got the name Lilly from the Princess Diaries movie. It fits her, because her name matches the charator. If you saw the movie you will know what I mean.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Flip was already named when we got her. I want to change it to Daisy so then I will have a Daisy and Lilly.LOL. She doesn't like it though.Daisy matches her personality better, then Flip.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When we got our dog from the human society, we were driving home throwing names out there. Our 6 year old wanted names like "spot" and "lassie". My husband joked and said, "how about Odie"! Immediatly she said "YES"! My husband tried to talk her out of it, because he wanted a masculine name, but to know avail! That's how our dog Odie aka O.D. (ordinary dog) got his name.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sure this probably sounds silly, but Emily looked like an Emily when she was a puppy. She was the cutest little thing and her little face embodied all the sweetness of an Emily. We weren't wrong. She's such a sweet dog.

·
Registered
25 Posts
snowbird said:
That's how our dog Odie aka O.D. (ordinary dog) got his name.
Sort of like J.D. on Dead Like Me. J.D. stands for Just Dog.

One of the families that live down the street from my parents (they still live in the house they bought when I was an infant) named one of their dogs Dog. I think it was black and maybe a Lab. I don't remember.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I so want to get a dog and name it dog. Well, my dog, Lucky, we just named him that because we thought it. We couldnt really think of anything else, and it was a nice name.

·
Registered
237 Posts
retriever crazy said:
Flip was already named when we got her. I want to change it to Daisy so then I will have a Daisy and Lilly.LOL. She doesn't like it though.Daisy matches her personality better, then Flip.
its one of those stuiped hunting dogs names.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Prince is the only dog I actually named. Which there was no real reason for other than he was a little spoiled prince. :p The other dogs were already named when we got them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How i came up with my dogs name!

i came up with my dogs name is she has black frecoiles on her nose and body so thats how i came up with hers and i have another dog and my mom came up with her name but i dont know why she picked tasha!!! she named her before i was born!! so i dont know how she came up with tashas name?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My JRTs are named Ivan and Brembo. Brembo is named after Brembo brakes, my husband is a car collector and we wanted a name having to do with that. Does anyone remember hurricane Ivan from September 2004? Well Ivan is named after that. We drove to Virginia during that hurricane to pick the puppies up. We had to take a couple of detours along the way, but we made it. My Golden mix is named Jefferson, after Thomas Jefferson..

·
Registered
193 Posts
We named our newf Hazel because her eyes are hazel. :eek:

Malone is named after Jack Malone on "Without a trace". Although dh likes to call him Carl Malone after a professional basketball player from Utah. The guy had this funny way of saying his name and he'd always say "Hi, I'm Carl Malone" in the commercials for his car dealership. Dh can imitate that voice really well, so he always says that to Malone - "Hi, I'm Carl Malone". :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Naming a dog "dog" is funny - I like that. At least I don't feel so uncreative now. I named my dog Eski because she's an American Eskimo. I just couldn't think of anything else.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My dog was already named. He was a Japanese Chin named Porky. I always thought he looked a little like a black and white hairy Yoda, so that's what I would have named him.

<3

·
Registered
223 Posts
my dogs name is prince choo-choo the second.we took each name of a dog my parents had;my moms dog prince and my dads dog choo-choo and he was the second soo there it was....Prince Choo-Choo 2!

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Food names

Well my family and i 4 some reason started with food names for our pets:confused: i have no reason, but i like them, we 1st had our 1st sheltie named Snickers, then we got my cat Nabisco,our 2nd sheltie Oreo,and now we r getting a new sheltie puppy named Basil like that herb, so i think they r kinda cute though,oh yeah and then my bunny Peanut:p

·
Registered
183 Posts
Aw

Thanks leigha but u know what i founf out, {srry people 2 get offtopic about dogs} That both r boys and they do the nasties thing to each other..........Ok back 2 dogs srry bout that

1 - 20 of 62 Posts