Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one of you out there with a cool way of picking up after your dogs?

I use a plastic bag and it's so yucky... but still quite a funny experience... The poo feels warm... and it actually steams up the bag??? :laugh: Of course it does stink.. especially when she has more wet food.... eeewwww:redface:

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I don't think there's a cool way to do it. I put my dogs in a sit while I do it though, which I'm sure adds some coolness to it if anyone sees us. I don't feel the poo when I pick it up, because I grab it very loosely. You'd only feel it if you squeeze it?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I once saw a guy watch his dog squat, and super quickly got himself ready and caught the poop before it even hit the ground. I thought that was pretty cool. :eek:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Feed less canned if it's causing loose/smelly stools. Raw fed dogs have hard poops that hardly smell, if that helps. Not picking up is worse and just nasty.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I like the 'catch the poo' move! Haha...

I'm thinking of giving her home-cooked food... I wonder what that does to the poo...

I always see huge blobs of poo on the sidewalks and I think they are screaming 'I AM A HOT STUD' cos my dog strains really hard to get a better sniff... imagine a horse rearing up on her hind legs... she just looks so funny...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I always see huge blobs of poo on the sidewalks and I think they are screaming 'I AM A HOT STUD' cos my dog strains really hard to get a better sniff... imagine a horse rearing up on her hind legs... she just looks so funny...
Hahaha, my little dog does the same. I always think of hydrants and utility poles as the personals section of the dog world. "I'm a middle aged Lab who likes long walks on the beach and cuddling in front of the fire...."

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
There is an area like that near us that's a hot spot for the 'latest news', it has a fire hydrant then a lot of tall uncut grass/weeds. I keep saying I should take the weedwhacker and go trim it down, because the grass is over the sidewalk and the kids always want to walk in it or pick it and I know the dogs pee all over it and I'm sure poop gets lost there too. ICK!

I was almost tempted to call someone out on not picking up the other day, I didn't see her dog do it but she came from that area with her dog and when we walked over I spotted a steaming pile sitting there. Nobody else around....

If you want to look really good, pick up an extra pile!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got these neat little rolls of tiffany blue Martha Stewart poop bags that I really like (there are other companies that make them too). Nothing like pretty poop bags to liven up the experience. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm thinking of giving her home-cooked food... I wonder what that does to the poo...
I cook my dog's food (usually a variant of this recipe). Compared to a high-quality kibble diet, Kenda's poops are a little softer and substantially smaller, with way less odor. I've never fed her 'normal' canned food, but she was on prescription canned food for a while, and her poop was naaass-ty! So I'd say that you have nowhere to go but up - switch to a high-quality kibble (read the Food forum for details, but something like Blue Buffalo or Taste of the Wild) or mix up some Puppy Stew. Either way, your dog's emissions should be less noxious.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Hahaha, my little dog does the same. I always think of hydrants and utility poles as the personals section of the dog world. "I'm a middle aged Lab who likes long walks on the beach and cuddling in front of the fire...."
Glad I'm not the only one. Lol.

I just try to make sure my butt crack isn't hanging out. That's not cool.
But my ultra super low rise jeans are so...conundrum.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
This thread has me giggling...

You always look cool if you pick up poo. Responsibility is the new thing!

I say get yourself a nice little poo bag dispenser, one that fits those little rolls of bags and display it proudly. Since you only have a tiny dog, it should be easy. Then each time you do think of me, walking four or five dogs at once, one as large as a Great Dane and the amount of dogpoo I handle each day. I am the coolest of the cool and you should bow down to me...lol (or just have great empathy for me and the garbage sized bags I carry for my big guy....lol)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts