Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a rhodesian ridgeback, lab, pit mix who is very smart and stubborn, and are getting a malamute mix in a few weeks. i know they both needs lots of exercise, but they also needs loads mental stimulation. our boy has a kong that i fill with treats or small amounts of his food, but its not enough and i don't want him constantly eating. i am at home a majority of the time and was wondering if anyone has any particular games they like to play with their dogs to keep them mentally stimulated that i could try out with our dogs?

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
There have been a number of threads on the forum recently on games to mentally stimulate your pups. Just do search on games. Our dog likes puzzle toys that she has to take apart or dig into to find things. We also just started hiding her tennis ball in a blanket - she has a lot of fun getting it out. We play guessing games with her, too, like three kong monty (just like the card game only with kongs & treats), where's mommy? (I hide - she finds me), and who's faster - Poca or the ball/Poca or Mommy/Poca or the chunk of ice -- whatever. She likes racing me and other objects.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts