Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a miniature daschund puppy, I got her aged 9 weeks and she is now just over 11 weeks old. She is a lovely, friendly little puppy and I am absolutely delighted with my decision to take on a puppy. I am looking for some help regarding house training. She generally is very good and has only had a few accidents in the first week or so, which is understandable. Recently however she has been having more accidents in the house. This morning for example I took her out about an hour after breakfast and she immediately performed both outside, for which she received high praise. No more than five minutes after bringing her in however she had done a further two poos in separate locations in the house, unfortunately I didn't catch her in the act and so I couldn't say no to her in an authoritative voice. This has happened in the past however more with pees. I'm at a loss of what to do. She does seem to go to the toilet rather a lot and manages about 6 or more poos a day, I've asked the vet re this and understand as a puppy she doesn't have a lot of control. I was recommended to feed her Wainwrights and she currently gets 75g split into three meals daily. Can anyone provide some advice re toilet training? Currently she is up between 2/3 times during the night, she is kept in a cage in my bedroom overnight and she cries to signal she needs out.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Too much freedom indoors. Keep her in a confined area, such as your kitchen, or keep her tethered to you on a 6' leash. When you can't keep both eyes on her, she need to go in a crate with a blanket and toy to have a rest.

This is pretty much what house training boils down to- don't give her the chance to wander off and pee when you can't see her.

Good luck! (I hate housetrianing by the way LOL)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts