Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday when i got up my dog had to go pretty bad. I knew this already because i had forgotten to take him out the night before (okay, my fault i know) but he spent all of 4 seconds jumping at me in my chair, which he does to get in my lap anyways, and then walked over to the bed and pooped all over it.

Now I understand he hadn't been out but he didn't go to the door as soon as he got out of his crate or try to get my attention the first 5 minutes he was up. Just played with his toys.

I know that supposedly puppies can't control their bowels or bladder for more than 8 hours at around his stage but he has been down to going out twice a day.

If this were one event I wouldn't be posting here. HOWEVER, since then it has been constant. after taking him outside and him going more yesterday morning he did it again an hour later after seeking his moms attention for about 10 seconds. Again he didn't go to the door as usual, but approached us as if he wanted to be pet or played with.

Later that day he went into a guest bedroom and did it again. Even later than that when we had guests over he did it AGAIN.

This morning he went out and just peed but after being inside for 15 minutes he looked at me for about 2 seconds then started walking across the bed and i could see from his bottom and pace he was about to do it on the bed again. Luckily i got up hurriedly and from coming up behind him in the direction of the door he ran to it with me behind saying "i need to go out".

But why the all the sudden LACK of going to the door and TOTAL lack of ability to hold it? I wasn't upset (except for the sheer amount) yesterday morning but now i am because it is no longer an accident on my behalf. What gives??

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Twice a day? TWICE?!

No, seriously, you're only taking your dog out twice in a day. And you "forgot" to take him out the night before? And you think this is a problem on the dog's end?

Flabbergasted, I am.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Twice a day? TWICE?!

No, seriously, you're only taking your dog out twice in a day. And you "forgot" to take him out the night before? And you think this is a problem on the dog's end?

Flabbergasted, I am.
Again, this is on his own accord and something he has been choosing to do.

I say two but i suppose its usually more like 3 and every now and then 4.

I WAS taking him out nearly every hour and but he started to learn to go to the door or seek my attention and he started to just go out and do nothing.

I always take him out when i get up and before bed but sometimes he asks me to go out in between that. He has been fine, with no accidents in the house for over a month and generally he just sleeps or plays and then goes and sits at the door when he needs to go out.

Don't make it seem as if i never take him out and now im confused as to why he went to the bathroom inside. That was the entire point of my giant first post.

The point is HE chooses to go out 2-3 times a day and i missed ONE of those. He did not have an accident ONCE because i missed ONE. Rather, he had accidents the entire rest of the day and only spent seconds asking me to take him out and he didn't use his typical behavior to do that.

So it is completely out of the ordinary for him to suddenly not be able to hold it and only spend 4 seconds using some totally different method to get my attention.

also don't quote "forgot" as if i did it on purpose or was being lazy or something. What reason do i have to lie? I came home from work and i was tired so i went to bed....jesus christ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts