Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the sticky " before you get a dog", and in the article it said two things that I am confused by.

1. Make a dog toilet for his long term area, Ok, I like this idea but I see most users seem to dislike puppy pads, if I make the toilet resemble grass outside will this work hand in hand with going outside or does it have the same negative effect of the dog thinking it is ok to go inside? If that is the case What can I do with a puppy for 7 hours while i'm at work?

2. Is the feeding by only using toys. Again, it seems like most users like having a strict feeding schedule where as this would be kinda like grazing all day...what are the pluses and negatives?

thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, I have decided to use a outdoor kennel with a doggy house during the day, This gives the puppy more room to play and also enforces that using the bathroom outside is the only answer. My yard is fences and she will be in a chain link fenced in area on top of that. we will see how that goes. I decided to stay with two structured meals each day and use the kong for her lunch supply. This way she does not eat her lunch in the A.M right when I leave. thanks for the response.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.