Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a husky puppy about a week ago. When i got him he was about 7 weeks, had never been outside of the room he grew up in and had no house training.

I am trying to crate train him and have newspaper down too. He will not go in his cage and spends up to 6 hours in there and will sleep through the night will out a problem. If he really has to go when he wakes up he will let me know by barking.

Now here is the problem...sometimes he will go on the paper. Mainly when it is only me around not anybody else. But a lot of times he just goes where he has to and a lot of times he goes right after coming inside. He is quite a smart dog and whenever he goes inside and I got to reprimand him (vocally) and then take him out he runs away knowing he has done something wrong.

Will going outside just click eventually? Am I expecting to much to young or to quickly?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a similar problem and would like to know the answer as well in my case i have a 3 and halfmonth old husky when we brought her home we had someone with her almost 24/7 watching her for the longest time she would go straight to the door when she needed out and we would let her out more recently we have been needing to leave her alone for the day so we blocked off the dining room areaand leave her for about 2 1/2 to 3 hour intervals and now shge is starting to mess inside the house usually in the same places i know its not a problem of holding it because she can go about 8 to 9 hours at night without messing we need her to learn this becaus esoon there will be no one at the house during the day I've also noticed this morning i woke up let her out and she went and came back to the door i brought her back in gave her some water no food yet and went downstairs to clean my car for about half an hour when i came back she gone again on the floor in 2 different areas. any ideas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts