Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope i'm putting this in the right area...

I have a three year old "house trained" (To this point.), pure bread husky that has just had a litter of four pups 3.5 weeks ago.
She had been uncrated before and throughout the pregnancy with no mistakes, after the pups, there was a mistake or two which we attributed to the increase in water and food consumption, then they started to get way more frequent to the point where they are now expected. She can be let outside for 30+ min. and she'll urinate 1-2 times as well as deficate 2-3 BIG times then be let in and as soon as we leave the room she'll go in the house sometimes #1 sometimes both #1 and #2.
She only does it when we are out of the room so we cannot correct "traditionally" as you would a pup, this is very frustrating...

Is this common?

What can we do to help her?

Any and all info. on this subjject will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
You have to remember that besides eating so much more, she is also cleaning up after the puppies and even with four, that is a lot of cleanup, especially at three and half weeks old. She probably does not want to be away from the puppies for very long so is not taking the time to really empty out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You have to remember that besides eating so much more, she is also cleaning up after the puppies and even with four, that is a lot of cleanup, especially at three and half weeks old. She probably does not want to be away from the puppies for very long so is not taking the time to really empty out.
That totally makes sense....Because even when she is let out for 30-45 minutes she is still probably preoccupied with the pups in the house too much to fully focus on "going". And when she goes in the house when we are not around means she knows it's wrong but cannot help it.

I understand the circumstances, however, it seems as though with it getting more frequently that she may be developing bad habits as a result....is this also possible?

Thanks so much for the effort and information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts