Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking at getting a pet rabit for a while, not any time soon but one day.

the problem is i have is that i have two cats, is it possible to have both?

i worry my cats would errr 'play' too much with the rabbit.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
We have two rabbits and 4 cats that live together. Our cats are all really good mousers and bug hunters and get along just fine when loose together with our rabbits. I didn't do anything special....just monitored them really well at first. So, it is possible.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, my older cat, who is 1 only catches butterflies, and then she just plays. she is super gentle. i think kitten will be the same.

so now i know its possible :) :) :)

what do i need to know? i have never had a rabbit before, so its all new to me.

i assume that like dogs different breeds have different temperments, and i will need to find a reputable breeder. so by thinking that i wonder what breed i should get?

males vs. females?
how social they are? i hear lots of stories but wonder what your experiences are.
any essential info i need to know would be great :)

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Once rabbits get big, they get tough. They KICK. So any danger to an adult rabbit from a normal housecat would be minimal. You do have to be careful with babies, though.

This website will tell you everything you need to know about house rabbits: http://www.rabbit.org/

·
Registered
656 Posts
I don't have bunnies,but my sister has two.
She aslo has two cats and never has a problem.Her bunnies are in indoor pens.

Definatly do your research!
Rabbits usually need to be spayed or neutered too,as an intact rabbit can become very dominant.One of my sister's bunnies is like this.When Amanda (sis) got the one bunny,she was already very dominant and had a bunch of behavioural problems.She had the bun fixed and it is starting to calm down now (almost a year later).

Rabbits are generally not cuddly animals.Some are...but in general.
They need toys and things to do and alot of time out of their cages/hutches.
Do alot of research before you get a rabbit because rabbits are not for everyone.I was interested in rabbits before,but after heaps of research I realized a bunny was definatly not for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts