Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor Lulu has gotten her second hot spot. Had one probably around the same time last year. As much as we keep up on the flea medicine, the baths, and the sprays to help with her itching, she still ended up getting one. She's a llasha apso and has some minor skin allergies but not nothing compared to my moms dog.I just wish there was something more i could do to stop her from scratching and biting so much. Fleas during the summer are so much harder to get rid of.. Ok im done ranting now.. :mad:

P.S. Applied neosporin on the wound, sprayed her down with that hot spot itching releif spray, and now she's wearing her blow up collar (i forget what they are called). She's not too happy but at least she's on the right track for a nice recovery.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a remedy that might help you with the hotspot. I have been trying this with my dog and it has helped. When feeding her twice a day, I put some SolidGold Sawmeal Powder that you get at a petstore which helps with itching caused by allergies, bites, etc........

And to help heal and soothe the hotspot there is a tea spritz you can put on your dog three times a day which helps heal quicker, and these you would get at a nature foods store.

German Chamomile, Calendula, and also aloe vera juice.

Boil water, onced boiled add your chamomile and calendula and let simmer for 10 minutes, then you drain the herbs , and add a bit of aloe vera , stir, and let the water cool. Put in a spray bottle and spray 3 times a day for a few days.....should help. You can only keep spray in fridge for 3 days tops.

Let me know if it works

1 - 3 of 3 Posts