Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a few other horse lovers on here too, so I thought I'd share some pics of our ponies. I have a 12 year old Appendix QH, Dodger (reg'd Heroic Rerun...eww...). Right now we also have one of my dad's colts for training for a couple months. We just call him Grey, but he's registered as Dime's Play Time.

These were taken last week...this is me and my boy Dodger....

Working on a wind down...

And my fiance (hubby in 2 weeks!) working with Grey...

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Very nice :) My horses are sadly all in my past, but it's nice to see pics of other people enjoying theirs!

Except...AHEM -- where is your helmet, girl!? :p

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Very nice :) My horses are sadly all in my past, but it's nice to see pics of other people enjoying theirs!

Except...AHEM -- where is your helmet, girl!? :p
lol Shaina you are sounding like a mother already. ;) I do agree though. I always made my lesson people wear helmets. It is a good practice to get into.

Both of your horses are beautiful. I still officially own an American Warmblood stallion but he is in someone else's care. My old girl died this past year at 24 years old. I had her since she was a baby. I miss horses dearly. Just can't afford them anymore. :(

I love seeing everyone else's horses though. Maybe someday....

·
Registered
546 Posts
Aw, they're both so gorgeous. Thanks for posting pics!

I miss horses dearly. Just can't afford them anymore. :(
Ugh, I know the feeling. I hope my financial situation turns around someday soon because I'm not sure how much longer I can live without horses.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Oooh Pride is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing! I love the green on him
Thanks...I love that my boy is so dark, cause he looks good in virtually anything:D I got more pics of him today, but I will open a new thread for him rather than steal yours...Lol! However, more pics of your horses are definitely required...;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody!! I know horses are certainly an expensive hobby, I haven't competed (I barrel raced for years) for about 2 years now due to the expenses :( I'm glad I can still keep Dodger though and I enjoy riding for pleasure too!!

I know helmets are popular in english riding and getting more so in the western show classes, but in most of the western world they are not a requirement and most people go without :) Especially in barrel racing LOL I understand why people would wear them though, and I think it's great if they do! Just not my personal choice. Who knows though, that could change one day too!

I'll go check out your thread, Love's_Sophie!!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Thanks everybody!! I know horses are certainly an expensive hobby, I haven't competed (I barrel raced for years) for about 2 years now due to the expenses :( I'm glad I can still keep Dodger though and I enjoy riding for pleasure too!!

I know helmets are popular in english riding and getting more so in the western show classes, but in most of the western world they are not a requirement and most people go without :) Especially in barrel racing LOL I understand why people would wear them though, and I think it's great if they do! Just not my personal choice. Who knows though, that could change one day too!

I'll go check out your thread, Love's_Sophie!!
I haven't competed for a couple years either...I mostly enjoy training and working with my boy; I want to get to a couple of fun shows this year though, if I can, or atleast some decent group trailrides!

I'm a guilty one too, when it comes to not wearing a helmet; I know the benefits and the risks, I just haven't chosen to get into the boat yet...:p

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't competed for a couple years either...I mostly enjoy training and working with my boy; I want to get to a couple of fun shows this year though, if I can, or atleast some decent group trailrides!

I'm a guilty one too, when it comes to not wearing a helmet; I know the benefits and the risks, I just haven't chosen to get into the boat yet...:p
I really enjoy just working and training with the horses too, especially now that we have Grey for a few months he's been a lot of fun because he's so green! It's really fun to see him getting better and better. My fiance had him picking up his leads the other evening and when we got him he wasn't even loping under saddle yet!!

We do lots of trail riding too :) Group rides are so fun! We live close to the mountains so we take a camping trip out there most summers and ride up in the mountains all day for a few days. It's awesome out there!

LOL Yeah I know the benefits and risks too :) My fiance is a bull rider and rides bulls in a helmet, but neither of us ride horses in one. Of course if I am somewhere that requires a helmet I have no problem putting one on there to follow their rules, but I don't own one myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts