Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have been feeding my dog, a 5 yo. Catahoula, Blue Buffalo for quite some time now. It seems that we have tried almost all of the recipes, but his gas is just not going away like expected.

What do all of you recommend? He was on Science Diet for several years, but I was told to get away from that.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whew! Yeah it stinks!!!

Started my GWP on Blue Buffalo and a friend told me to check out www.dogfoodchat.com and see what was mentioned about Kirkland/Costco brand of dog food. Looks very comparable and the rotten stench has ended. She has had a bit of a problem with soft stool, but I think it related to her hanging around the chicken coop and eating chicken poop. When she is kept away from the chickens, her stool is solid.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've heard several people say this about BB. Are you feeding the BB with grain in it? If so, you might want to try the grain free. You could also try adding a spoonful of plain, no fat yogurt (preferably Greek). Other good foods to try: Acana grain free, Nature's Variety Instinct, Earthborn grain free, Orijen (but very expensive).

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I hear of this issue a lot w/ BB.

I'd try another food. Jackson can eat almost anything and BB was one out of only two foods that caused nasty gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts